Manju graduated from the Northampton School of Podiatry, affiliated by Leicester University in 1994. She worked in Nottingham NHS trust specialising in musculoskeletal podiatry for 5 years whilst completing her post graduate qualification in sports podiatry at the Manchester Metropolitan University. A further NHS position in Birmingham saw her as a clinical and governance lead which involved all areas of research, education, training and delivery of current evidence-based practice.
Returning to the University of Northampton University in 2008 to take up the post of Senior Lecturer, where she teaches and specialises in paediatrics, orthopaedics and mechanical therapy alongside supervising students in undergraduate research. Students are also taken to the London Marathon each year to teach and treat acute lower limb injuries.
Manju worked as a specialist at the 2012 Olympics treating both the organisers and athletes as well as working as the chief podiatrist for the MK Dons.
Currently, Manju is undertaking her PhD in juvenile hallux valgus, children’s bunions, looking at both advancing anthropometric 3D technology to measure the condition as well as a new innovative design for conservative treatment.
It is a combination of her roles to date, particularly in education, training and development of patients, that enables Manju to offer an exceptional level of specialist care and treatment.
- 1994 BSc (Hons), MChS, FHEA, PGCHE, PGcert Sports Podiatry
- 2000 Certificate in Professional Studies – Sports Podiatry
Area of Special Interest
- Sports injuries
- At Risk Foot e.g.Diabetes
- Insoles / orthoses / orthopaedics
- Senior podiatrist in the NHS from 1994 – 2004
- Career break for family.
- Podiatry lecturer at The University Of Northampton 2008 – present
- Podiatrist at MK Feet 2007 – present
- Fellow of the Higher Academic Institute
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Currently completing MSc (Masters) degree in Podiatry and Health studies.
- Currently completing Certificate in Higher Education