Luke Planter, Podiatrist
BSc(Hons), PGDip(Podiatric Surgery), MCPod, HCPC reg.
Luke qualified from University of East London, obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree in Podiatric Medicine. Luke is an enthusiastic and passionate podiatrist who enjoys all aspects of his job and makes it his personal goal to ensure each patient receives the best treatment and care available. High on Luke’s agenda is communication with the patient, which ensures best practice and understanding.
Luke comes with a wide clinical background and experience in foot related problems, with specialist interests in podiatric surgery, sports-related injuries, biomechanics, diabetic foot management and minor surgery for ingrown toenails.
He has completed the Postgraduate Diploma of his MSc in Theory of Podiatric Surgery and also holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Podiatric Sports Medicine.
Luke seeks to maintain high standards of care and regularly updates his knowledge by attending courses and conferences.
- Member of the Health & Care Professions Council UK (HPC)
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists.
- Completing an MSc Theory of Podiatric Surgery
- PGCert in Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Qualified in corticosteroid injection therapy
- Prescription only medicines-Administration – POM-A annotated
- Prescription only medicines-Sale/Supply – POM-S annotated
- Registration number: CH34059
- Chiropody treatment– Nails, corns, hard skin, cracked heels
- Ingrown toenail treatment – Nail surgery
- Posture and gait analysis
- Biomechanical assessment for provision of insoles
- Sports injuries assessment and treatment for professional, elite, amateur and young athletes
- Diabetic foot assessment
- Corticosteroid injection therapy
- Ostenil injection therapy for osteoarthritis
- Verrucae treatment – including Falknor’s needling