Consultant Podiatric Surgeon – Michael Wardlaw FCPodS
- 1978 DPodM Achieved State Registered Chiropodist status
- 1993 MPodA Passed Membership exam of the Podiatry Association
- 1999 FPodA Passed Fellowship exam of the Podiatry Association
- 2004 Granted Certificate of Completion of Studies – appointed Consultant Podiatric Surgeon by Maidstone Weald NHS PCT, now a part of Kent Community Health NHS Trust
- 2016 Granted ‘Surgery Tutor’ status
- Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (SOCAP)
- Health Professions Council (HPC) Reg # CH07019
Michael has practise privileges as a specialist at the following hospitals and treatment centres:-
- BMI The Saxon Clinic – Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Ramsay Blakelands Day Hospital – Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Ramsay Woodland Hospital – Kettering, Northamptonshire
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital – Longfield, Kent
- Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital – Herne Bay, Kent
- BMI Somerfield Hospital – Maidstone, Kent
NHS:- Michael works as a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon and Surgery Tutor for the NHS in Queen Victoria Memorial Hospital Herne Bay, Fawkham Manor Hospital, and Foster Street Clinic Maidstone, Kent. He can also be seen under the NHS ‘Choose & Book’ scheme at Ramsay Blakelands Day Hospital in Milton Keynes.
PRIVATE:- Michael works privately as a Specialist Podiatrist and Consultant Podiatric Surgeon at his clinic in Bradwell Common, and within BMI The Saxon Clinic Milton Keynes and in BMI hospitals Fawkham Manor and The Somerfield Hospital and The Loose Podiatry Practice.
Michael Wardlaw is an experienced clinician with a wide range of hospital and community posts, over 38 years, as a podiatrist and over 12 years as one of only 60 Consultant Podiatric Surgeons employed by the NHS in the UK. He is also a Surgery Tutor.
He operates at the hospitals linked above, should you need foot surgery. However, his philosophy is to “try the simple things first” eg orthotics/insoles and to avoid surgery except where necessary.
If you wish to have a more specialised assessment or treatment, for example to discuss more detailed surgical options about surgical correction of a toe deformity such as a bunion, or for a steroid injection for plantar fasciitis (heel pain), or to have an X ray, then please book in to see Mr Wardlaw.
You can see Mr Wardlaw under your private health insurance scheme if you wish as he is recognised by all the major private health insurance companies as a specialist. You will need to contact your insurance company for an authorisation number before your appointment – provider numbers to quote to your insurers are below. Your insurance company may ask for a GP referral letter to Mr Wardlaw. Your insurance company will be invoiced directly at the end of your course of treatment.
➢ Hallux Valgus (Bunions) osteotomies eg Scarf Akin osteotomies
➢ Hallux Rigidus arthrodeses (big toe fusion) and silastic implants (plastic joint replacements in feet)
➢ Lesser metatarsal osteotomies (for chronic corns under the feet)
➢ Digital surgery eg arthroplasties (to straighten toes without wires)
➢ Exostectomies (removal of bony lumps)
➢ Soft tissue surgery eg excision of Morton’s Neuromas, ganglions
➢ Excision of skin lesions, biopsies
➢ Biomechanics and orthotics (gait analysis & correction)
➢ Steroid injection therapy eg for plantar fasciitis (painful heels), metatarsalgia (painful forefoot)
Please note:- Similar to dental surgeons, podiatric surgeons do not follow a general medical training, they follow a specialised training in foot surgery for a minimum of 11 years. Although Mr Wardlaw is employed by the NHS as a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon, and Surgery Tutor he is not a registered medical practitioner i.e. medical doctor. Click here for more information.
A little about me:
I am happily married, have 6 grown up children and have been blessed with 5 beautiful grandchildren.
My leisure interests are scuba diving (PADI advanced), skiing, cycling, hiking, travelling, digital photography, and history.
Mr Wardlaw’s Provider Numbers include
- Aviva 600035061
- AXA PPP MW02914
- BCWA (Now part of Simply Health) Recognised as a specialist, no provider number given, please quote Mr Wardlaw’s name and address
- Benenden Recognised as a specialist, no provider number given, please quote Mr Wardlaw’s name and address
- BUPA 85007019 http://finder.bupa.co.uk/go/mr_michael_wardlaw
- CIGNA 107436
- CS HEALTHCARE PO066
- Exeter Friendly 2155508
- Groupama Recognised as a specialist, no provider number given, please quote Mr Wardlaw’s name and address
- Pru Health PRU653681 (Now Vitality Health)
- Simply Health CH07019
- Standard Life Recognised as a specialist, no provider number given, please quote Mr Wardlaw’s name and address
- WPA 3762272